Train the Trainers Amsterdam 2014
After completing the first part of the ”partners in treatment project ” (companion guide and reference cards), AGORA proceeded with the second part of the project which is the ”Train the trainers” course for our members. For this reason, two groups were formed from our members’ countries, each group included twelve patients. The first group travelled to Amsterdam in Netherlands in February 2014 where the training was given by the training company WORK21.The aims of the training are:
- Identify and determine the need for training: what, who, and how.
- Work with effective learning objectives.
- Apply adult learning concepts develop supportive climates and customize off- the-shelf materials.
- Use training activities and alternatives to lecture, strategies for different learning needs, and effective questioning techniques.
- Prepare properly for a training session and prepare participants to foster learning.
- Manage and encourage participants of all backgrounds and learning styles; understand who is learning and how to address challenging participants.
- Know the principles of self-management and knows how to learn participants based on these principles.
- Present and facilitate a training program, including use of audiovisuals and handouts.
- Evaluate using various methods and at different levels.
The trainers, Mrs. Gonny Vink and Mrs. Bertha Maat, included many practical exercises during the workshops.
The second workshop for the second group will again be held in Amsterdam on the 18th -19th of March.